Utility-Scale PV Solar and Distribution Voltage Challenges – 1 NABCEP CEU
2022 12pm EST-1:30pm EST |
Free Live Webinar on HeatSpring – Wednesday, June 8th – 12-1:30pm EST – 1 NABCEP CEU
Sign up on HeatSpring to reserve your space!
If you or your company have worked on developing utility-scale projects, you know that connecting large PV power plants to the grid can present challenges, especially if there is a knowledge gap between the solar developers and distribution utilities. Now is the time to level up your utility interconnection knowledge!
Join HeatSpring instructor Tim Taylor for a free webinar on Utility-Scale PV Solar and Distribution Voltage Challenges. Tim is Owner and Managing Director of Electric Distribution Academy, and has over 30 years of experience in electric distribution planning, design, operations, and asset management.
Tim will cover the technical topics below:
- Overview of a utility distribution feeder and the utility’s responsibility to provide adequate voltage for all customers.
- Types of voltage issues that can be created by utility-scale solar PV
- Typical voltage mitigation measures that have been applied
- A brief description of smart inverters which are now being applied in some states/jurisdictions and have demonstrated a number of capabilities, including voltage regulation and voltage ride-through for system events
- Hosting Capacity Analysis, which a number of states are now requiring from utilities. Hosting Capacity Analysis gives an indication of the amount and location of solar PV that can be placed on feeders without violating specific operating constraints on the feeders, including acceptable voltage ranges and deviations.
Tim will also be available for an interactive Q&A session afterwards, so bring your questions. Plus, this informative webinar will provide 1 NABCEP CEU.