FREE WEBINAR: Design Considerations for AC-Coupled Residential Solar + Storage Systems with Discover AES LiFePO4 Batteries and Schneider Conext XW Pro Hybrid Inverters
2020 10:30 PDT-12:00 PDT |
Residential solar installers often favour the high conversion efficiency of grid-following string or micro inverters for solar power conversion in grid-connected homes. Integrating these AC power electronics into a solar + storage system capable of providing any combination of grid-services, self-consumption, load shifting/shaving, whole-home backup power and off-grid operation is a tall task. By choosing Discover AES LiFePO4 batteries paired with Conext XW Pro and a Conext Gateway we’ll demonstrate how solar installers can easily and effectively provide their customers with best-in-class performance in any combination of these applications.
- Wiring overview (one-line) and options for integrating grid-forming inverter + storage in a typical residential solar system.
- Component selection considerations:
- Regulatory requirements for components in code-compliant installations
- Key requirements for operation as a whole-home backup and extended blackout (effectively off-grid) system: Fast charging, high surge capability, rapid AC transfer, generator input, remote monitoring…
- Challenges to consider:
- Designing for the unique charge/discharge profiles of a LiFePO4 battery
- Overview of back-fed AC charge management in relation to the requirements of lithium batteries.
- Overview of frequency shift power curtailment
- Benefits of closed-loop comms integration:
- Utilizing Battery Management System (BMS) SOC triggers for inverter operation vs. terminal VDC readings
- Remote monitoring and control of integrated components