Due to the COVID-19 national emergency and the postponement of the 2020 NABCEP CE Conference, NABCEP is offering an extension on Board Certified recertifications and Associate renewals. NABCEP Board Certified Professionals and Associates who are due for recertification or renewal on or before November 15, 2020 may fill out a COVID-19 Hardship Form to have their NABCEP Board Certification or Associate credential expiration dates extended to December 15, 2020 to be able to meet their continuing education and experience requirements.
NABCEP’s Course Catalog lists online course options for obtaining CEUs, and NABCEP Board Certified Professionals and Associates can still earn CEUs at the postponed NABCEP 2020 Continuing Education Conference.
NABCEP recognizes that each situation and hardship related to the COVID-19 national emergency is unique, and NABCEP staff will evaluate each COVID-19 Hardship Form on its own merits rather than developing and enforcing criteria.
In order to receive the extension, you are required to do the following:
- Complete the COVID-19 Hardship Form
- Complete your recertification or renewal application in myNABCEP.
- In the Continuing Education section, upload your completed CEUs. If you do not have enough CEUs, upload the COVID-19 Hardship Form in place of your course completion document(s).
- Make your recertification/renewal payment and submit to NABCEP for review.
If your recertification/renewal application is approved by NABCEP, your COVID-19 Hardship Extension has been accepted.
- Once accepted by NABCEP, your expiration date will be extended to December 15, 2020. Please allow five (5) business days for this to be reflected in your myNABCEP account.
- On or before 12/14/2020 at midnight, email the documents needed to complete your recertification/renewal application in PDF format to email@example.com using the subject line “COVID-19 Hardship Extension.” NABCEP will upload the documents into your application.
- If there are no issues, your expiration date will change to reflect your 3-year certification cycle and we will mail your new certificate.
- If there are any issues with the new CEUs, we will contact you with further instructions.
If your recertification/renewal application is not accepted or if we need further information, NABCEP will flag and provide feedback in your application and by email.
- If not accepted, your expiration date will remain unchanged.
- You may reply to the email with additional information for further review.