LOP Scheduling for All NABCEP Board Certification and Associate Exams is Now Open!
NABCEP is excited to announce that candidates may now schedule to take any of our Board Certification and Associate credentialing exams through live online proctoring (LOP). You may now schedule to take an exam from your own home!
To take a NABCEP exam, complete an application on myNABCEP.
To schedule a LOP exam, see Schedule to Take an Exam below.
Due to concerns about the COVID-19 emergency and the need to reduce our exposure to viral threats, NABCEP decided to offer all Board Certification and Associate level exams through live online proctoring (LOP). Live online proctoring is an internet-based form of assessment, which allows you to take NABCEP exams from any location on your personal computer.
In the face of the global pandemic and increased risks associated with disease transmission, NABCEP is determined to meet the needs of current and aspiring renewable energy professionals by reducing the opportunity for disease transmission. Live online proctoring provides teachers, schools, and students with the tools needed to access industry-validated certifications and credentials while preserving the integrity of NABCEP’s exams and its coveted Board Certifications in the renewable energy industry.
Live online proctoring of NABCEP’s exams reduces the costs associated with traveling to testing sites, which makes NABCEP’s exams more accessible to economically and geographically disadvantaged individuals, while also decreasing our collective carbon footprint. NABCEP Board Certified Professionals enjoy:
- Increased marketability
- Validation of knowledge
- Enhanced reputation, credibility, & consumer confidence
- Digital badges that easily link to social media, email signatures, and websites
Feel free to contact us at email@example.com with any questions you have. If you want to start an application to earn your NABCEP Board Certification or Associate Credential by taking an exam from home, you may do so at my.nabcep.org.
LOP Technical Requirements
To take an LOP exam, your computer must meet the following system requirements:
- A well-working computer with 1 GB of RAM or higher
- A high-speed Internet connection of 2 Mbps upload and 2 Mbps download. Wireless is acceptable; however, a wired connection is preferred.
- A webcam with 640×480 video pixel resolution (a laptop camera is acceptable)
- Working speakers connected to the computer
- A microphone connected to the computer (consider a webcam with a built-in microphone)
- Browser compatibility: IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari